Airpods are a great set of wireless earbuds made by Apple. Today we will help troubleshoot and fix AirPods that won’t connect to a Windows 10 pc. This will work with both regular Airpods and the new Airpod Pros. Apple’s website has more information about connecting Airpds to a non-Apple device.
Are Apple Airpods Compatible with Windows 10 machines?
Yes! It’s a common misconception that all Apple products don’t work with other brands. This is simply not true. Airpods will work with Windows 10 computers as well as other non-apple brands. This includes but is not limited to Windows machines, Android tablets and phones, and Samsung products (tablets & phones).
Keep in mind, other wireless earbuds and Airpod alternatives will connect to a PC using the instructions below.
How to Connect Airpods to a Windows 10 PC
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Follow these simple steps to connect and use your Airpods with a Windows 10 PC.
- Navigate to the Windows 10 settings.
Click the Windows 10 icon in the bottom left corner of your screen. Then, click the settings gear.
- In Settings click Devices.
- Click add device.
- Then Click Bluethooth.
- Put Airpod in their case and open the lid.
Then click and hold the button on the back of the Airpod case. Keep holding this button till the status light turns white and starts flickering. Once the status light is flickering let go of the button. The Airpods will then show up in the “Add a device” window. Lastly, click pair and connect.
- Your Airpods should now be connected to your Windows 10 computer.
What to do if Airpods Won’t Connect to PC?
If you tried the steps above and your Airpods are still not working with your windows 10 PC, please follow these simple troubleshooting solutions.
- Make sure your iPhone or other devices aren’t already connected. Turning off bluetooth is an easy way to disconnect your Airpods from another device.
- Turn off devices that may be connected to your Airpods.
- Try opening and closing the lid of the Airpods and then holding the setup button on the back of the Airpod’s case.
Connect Airpods to PC FAQ
There are several reasons why a PC won’t connect to Airpods. We suggest following our simple guide to troubleshoot and fix Airpod connectivity issues.
Yes! Non-Apple devices will connect with Airpods without any issues. If you are having issues connecting please follow our Airpod connectivity guide.